Bridging Connections, help please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuaz

In Runtime
I have a laptop which has a 56K modem in it. I use it to dial up to certain networks. I then use a Network Cable from the laptop to my main machine (which doesn't have a Modem) and then use the Dial up connection that way.

However, i unplugged my laptop and placed it in my bag and took it to a Clients sites. However i didnt plug it in to there network, so when i got home i put it back where it was, plugged in the Phone cable and the Ehternet cable, however now the two computers cant comunicate with each other???!?!?!? I get a "limited connectvity" message on both machines. When i diagnose the problem it says that the computer did not give it a IP Address. How can i fix this issue and this has been working for a bout a year before this. I have tried reinstalling the Drivers of both ethernet adaptors.

Any ideas!!!!

Device drivers shouldn't be the problem here. Something happen to your ICS status for the Dial-Up Network? Check the properties in Network Connections and make sure that ICS is still enabled.

Device drivers shouldn't be the problem here. Something happen to your ICS status for the Dial-Up Network? Check the properties in Network Connections and make sure that ICS is still enabled.

Thanks!! I knew i had done something stupid. I was dialing with a new connection and i hadnt turnt that one to ICS. So thanks for reminding me!

Yea, it could have changed when visiting the other network....who knows. Glad you got it working :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom