Belkin Router with Belkin Wireless G Repeater

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclones

In Runtime
I have a Belkin Router (which is kind of crap) and I have it placed in my basement because that's the only place it can go. I brought down a friends laptop over the weekend and I was sitting outside in my car with it and it was only picking up 1 bar of signal strength. I see that Belkin has a Wireless G Range Extender Belkin : Wireless G Universal Range Extender .

I have the router which is downstairs and then having an Ethernet cord run to my room where it connects to a mini switch and then goes to my computer and then to another computer in the next room. To avoid running more wires that I already have, if I bought that Repeater.. Could I hook that into the switch that's in my room and run the repeater off of that switch or does there have to be a direct Ethernet cable from the router to the repeater?

Can someone please clarify what I need to do or if I can use this configuration?

Thanks!

It will work just fine of the switch, I ran one into day from a switch and I was perfectly able to get online with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom