bandwidth limit in my pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcgamer22

Beta member
hello all. i hope all the techies out there will be able to help me

i have a pc inside the house. i am able to connect to the internet tru our computer shop that is just beside our house. lately i am experiencing lagness whenever i use the internet. pages wont load. i cant connect to my online game. i already contacted our ISP and they tell me there is really nothing wrong with our connection. so i went to our comp shop and opened facebook. i was able to open it. even load a few games in fb. i also tried connecting to my favorite online game and i was able to connect.

so i concluded that my brother is limiting the speed of my pc. i tried renaming my computer and changing the ip of my computer. but i still experience lagness. few months ago, i discovered that he has installed netlmiter to my pc. i uninstalled it and formatted my pc. after i formatted i can open games in facebook and go online in flyff. then after i woke up, everything is the same. i think he is now limiting my speed tru the server.

i dont use too much bandwidth. i use the internet for facebook and gaming only. i dont watch videos on youtube and i dont dowload songs or movies. my brother does that tru torrent

i want to know how can i counteract this. i am not a techy person so pls enumerate the step by step procedure on how to do this thanks to all those who will reply

If it's being limited through the router or if you guys use a server - nothing can be done. He's probably using your MAC address to use QoS and limiting your bandwidth. Nothing can be done unless you have access to the router / server you guys are using.

How about you guys be mature about the situation and talk it out instead of going behind each others backs? Your best solution is to be adults about it and talk it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom