asking credentials over and over

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcoax

Baseband Member
Ok, I have a laptop IBM x23. I just bought a wireles D-link airplus g card. I'm going to use it in my university where they have restricted wireless access. I'm using windows xp pro.
They have a set of instructions to connect to their network, then, when everything's fine, you enter the credentials: username and password, and leave the logon domain space empty. The problem is that I do everything correctly, then when I come to the credentials part, when I enter my username password, i press ok, then the window close, and it opens 2 seconds later asking it again. For some reason, its not reconizing it. I brought it to the tech guys in my university, and after working on it for half an hour, they couldnt find the solution. They tried logging in with their username pass, and it doesnt work either.
And I tried logging in a network nearby with public access, and it works fine. My card gets the signal from my university and the connection is "very good", but the credentials are not accepted.
All my firewalls are deactivated, and everything else is fine. What can cause it to not work??

thx

What type of encyrption are they using? Wireless can be left on Open or use WEP and WPA. You might have mismatch encyrption setup or your card might not be compatible with whatever standard your Univeristy is using on their wireless AP. Have you ask them what specification they are running on?

For network authentication they use Open, and data encryption they use Wep. These are the properties everyone is using and it works with everyone. I'm pretty sure the problem comes from something else in my computer. I was wondering what else could it be? Like maybe something that could be bloking connection and that has nothing to do with wireless connection. I dunno. Theres nothing wrong in the network configuration or card that im using, the tech guy checked this for half an hour over and over.

Have you check your wireless adapter properties in device manager. There are features in there that can be tweak.

Yes I did. I dont see anything there that has to do or that could prevent it from working. Anything else that comes to mind? Like maybe something in the deep configuration code in windows or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom