ADSL to Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilsChild

In Runtime
Hey im with bigpond australia.
ive been trying to contact them about switching from ADSL 256 to Cable. They are both 59.95 per month, but i just want to know if there will be any costs involved in switching, like if i need other equipment.
By the way i have wirless in my home too, so does anyone know if i would need different equipment?

thanks

No you just get a cable "modem" and your set

You have to go in the router and change the settings to cable, or reset it though.

There could be costs for if you have a contract and you break the contract. But all you need is the new modem.

well since the two contracts are exactly the same per month, i see no reason for them charging me other than for a new modem, unless i buy one myself, which is another question, if i am with bigpond, do i have to purchase their products?

thanks.

Well i got an email back from them, it said... i will be able to send my old modem back in, which will save me termination fees. But it also said that i will have to sign up to a new contract and recieve a new modem, anyone know if this will cost me?

Also there is a $260 installation fee, do you reckon i could set it up myself and save this?

thanks

If you have ADSL and wireless... I assume you have a wireless ADSL router? If so, wouldn't he/she need a wireless cable router instead?

I can't connect my ADSL router to my cable connection... !?? Or have I misread something on the post?

Setting up cable might be a job if you don't already have the cable coming into your home. When my cable was installed, they had to drill a wall and route a cable into my home from the street. It went into a little box on my wall and then another cable came out of that into my modem...

Not as simple as plugging an ADSL wire into a phone socket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom