Accessing HDD over LAN (backup)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galaxy2000

Beta member
I have a problem here. I have two computers.
1. PC with XP up and running.
2. Laptop with two HDD's and OS will not load. (mainboard changed) (NT....dll missing)

This is what i need a solution for:
How to connect from the working PC to the laptop via LAN and then copy files from the laptop to the PC.

Is there any software to boot into the laptop for getting LAN access to HDD's this way or any other solution?

I don't have much experience with this myself, but there is a thing called Ghosting, where you can copy images from computer to computer over the network. Not sure how to go about doing this, but I can assume to either set through the BIOS to boot off of LAN or boot the OS with safe mode and networking.

I have a problem here. I have two computers.
1. PC with XP up and running.
2. Laptop with two HDD's and OS will not load. (mainboard changed) (NT....dll missing)

This is what i need a solution for:
How to connect from the working PC to the laptop via LAN and then copy files from the laptop to the PC.

Is there any software to boot into the laptop for getting LAN access to HDD's this way or any other solution?

In this situation, I would try 1 of 2 things:

1) Burn a copy of an OS that can boot off of a CD and then try networking from there. (such as slax or knoppix)

2) Purchase a USB 2.5 HDD enclosure. They are fairly cheap.. then just pop the HDD out, hook it into the enclosure and copy via USB to a space on the desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom