About to jump over my router and throw every pieces in toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.
2) Try resetting modem during the process
[... stuff deleted ...]
No mather what I do trying to reset the modem (holding 5 secs, 10 secs, 30 secs, 1 sec.. pressing a lot and fast.. etc) I never miss a Ping/Reply so...
I'll assume you mean you reset the router, not the (cable) modem. Resetting the modem wouldn't affect pings on the router. The manual for that router mentions:
  • Use a paper clip to press the Reset button and power on.
  • Hold for about 5 seconds and then release. (Or release when the status LED flashes.)
Are you pressing the reset button as you apply power? Does the status LED ever flash? It sounds as if the router only checks the reset button when the power is first turned on.

The fact you can't use your browser to get to the router's built-in web site at http://192.168.0.1/ is a bit disconcerting since you can ping it. If you did manage to get it reset, 192.168.0.101 is in the range of DHCP addresses it serves by default. (However, the manual says it starts at .100, so I would expect you to get that IP unless the other computer got it first -assuming those are the defaults shown there. It really doesn't say.)

You might try setting your desktop to a fully static IP address like 192.168.0.2 or .3 etc to see if you can get to it that way. (netmask 255.255.255.0, gateway 192.168.0.1) That would remove the DHCP server variable from the equation.

Resetting or not you should still be able to access it if you can ping it. Unless it's the mac filtering. are you sure it's giving the right ip to the right mac address?

Ok, when I explained my reset experiment, i was talkin about the router (not the modem, my mistake). And it looks like its not resetting anymore.

Https was also tried.. no success..

So yeah, basicaly I can ping router but can't access. I opened the router and tried to make a contact on the reset switch with no success (i thought maybe the reset button itself was screwed and I could still reset modem by opening the case)...

I have no clue if the DHCP is blocking or something... Once thing : i tried to access the router using 3 different ethernet card (i have 2 adapters on my PC and another PC, with no success). DHCP was assigning different LAN ips everytime and still can't connect.

It's pretty hard to debug when you can't even reset the modem.

Oh and btw, I gave up 1 week ago and bought a DI-604UP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom