2 Wireless Networks Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musjunk22

Daemon Poster
Plzzz HELP!!! 2 Wireles Networks

My comp has a d-link PCI wireless card that connects to my d-link router(extremeG,802.11g), I'm running windowsXP. For the past day a message on the quicklaunch bar pops up and says 2 wireless networks are available. At that point I get disconnected from my network and am offline. I click on the Icon and then I see a list of available networks. My network name is there and also someone elses, I have to hit the connect button each time just to stay online,It happens every 5 minutes, this is not very fun when playing games online which I do 24/7, I even set my network to use a WEP key(64-bit encryption) and I still get disconnected. I also went to the advanced section and set an option to: don't connect to unprefered networks but the problem still happens.The other network that even has a network key and it still interferes. What can I do to stop getting disconnected. Please help I'm dying to get online with some games!!!!!!

thanks for the help , i installed the WPA update and a new d-link driver and i thaought it worked for like 10 minutes but no luck.....I'm gonna go look for some more updates and utitlites from d-link. Thanks I really appriciate it!

I just found out by looking at the "view installation history" in the windows update section that the WPA update failed to install so right now i am reinstalling it. I'll come and post my results, and again thank you.

Something that worked for me to resolve this on my Belkin wireless adaptor was to uncheck the 'Enable network Authentication' box, in the Wireless adaptor network settings. This should be below the box where you have to type in the Network Encryption Key.

Try disabling the 'Wireless Zero Configuration' service under the services applet located in the admin tools.

That should stop bouncing you around between AP's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom