Would like to learn about linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Sniper*

Fully Optimized
im wondering about linux can you guys tell me about and what you are able to do on it. and also if i was to build a computer for a linux can you guys put on this forums parts and everything to build it. tell me whats better micro,mid,full case parts thank's if you guys can help me out.

you can do pretty much anything you can in windows on linux. and most regular name-brand parts would be compatible with linux

but what is the true perpose of linux and what it be good to make one with a micro and what the best for linux intel or AMD

Dark_Sniper* said:
but what is the true perpose of linux and what it be good to make one with a micro and what the best for linux intel or AMD

Of your 3 questions, the first is unanwserable in this context. The latter two don't matter at all.

jnev_89 said:
you can do pretty much anything you can in windows on linux. and most regular name-brand parts would be compatible with linux

Not many games are supported by Linux

yah you're right. but other than gaming, you can pretty much do everything in linux you can on windows, although a few apps are windows-only.

The system in my sig was built to be 100% compatable with Linux. Also be aware that nVidia have better Linux support than ATI.

Also if you want to learn about Linux then go to www.linux.org and see the courses section. Also it can't hurt to install it to have a go, and Knoppix will boot from a CD and so it doesn't even need to be installed if you just want to try Linux.

All Linux is dude is a OS, you can do pretty much whatever you want. You dont need special hardware.

Dark_Sniper* said:
im wondering about linux can you guys tell me about and what you are able to do on it. and also if i was to build a computer for a linux can you guys put on this forums parts and everything to build it. tell me whats better micro,mid,full case parts thank's if you guys can help me out.

Nope read it pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom