Wireless network with linux redhat 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

amd643200+

Banned
Just installed linux on one of the computers that I have and got it working and everythign but I cant seem to get my wireless adapter to work becasue of the lack of drivers for linux. Just wondering if there is anything I can do at this point other than return it for another one compatable with linux. Also shouldent the computer recognise that there is a usb device in at the current time or will it not pick up on this because the firmware is designed for a windows platform

the model of the wireless adapter is wusb11 ver 2.8 (by linksys)

any help would be great thanks

Thanks for that link I'll give it a try and then post back with teh results

Edit: I downloaded the files but dont know what one to use and how to exicute it. **very new to linux

thanks for the info

the link that ayou provided dosent work though ...is there anohter place I can find it

I have an easier solution that running around looking for a driver or driver loader that just might happen to work. Go to this thread: http://www.tech-heaven.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9811 - by the time you read this, I will have posted at least one (hopefully more) brand(s) of wireless networking cards that have Linux drivers written by the manufactured/distributer. Why support a company that doesn't support linux?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom