What Linux distro do you use?

I've been running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS for about a year and really enjoy it!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Nice. I haven't heard of that OS until now but it looks like a pretty good lightweight Linux distro.

Sup friends... I'm a novice when it comes to linux... Is there anywhere on internet I can get video tutorial on using linux (any version). I am a windows person.

Helpful! Hit THANK button
R.kelly

I've distro hopped more times than I can count. I appreciate and value the power of choice and have nothing but great things to say about a multitude of different distributions out there. That said, I started with, and always come back to Ubuntu.

Ubuntu had some rough edges with the release of Unity, which is where I started to flirt with different distributions and desktop environments. The power of choice is absolutely incredible and I learned a truckload in my tinkering of other distros and environments. With that said, Ubuntu Unity has been *really* nice since 12.04. I currently run 14.04 and have no desire at the moment to swap it out with anything else.

In this day and age, I need to get things done. I don't use computers for video gaming like I once did. The system that can get my job done in the quickest, most efficient fashion is the one that fits the bill for me. That's why I use what I use, but this by no means constitutes any sort of right or wrong basis. It's just what works for me.

Back
Top Bottom