What Desktop Environment Do You Desire

What Linux Desktop Environment do you use?

• KDE

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gnome

• XFCE

• LXDE

• Fluxbox/Openbox/Blackbox

• Unity (Gnome 3.0)

• Other, please explain

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MindoverMaster

Golden Master
I know a lot of you use linux, and there are 1,000 different distributions, but there are only a select few Desktop Environments.

Gnome 2 is still my favorite..
Gnome 3 is the most interesting :tongue:

Yeah, I like Gnome better than KDE, always have. I'm now looking into Openbox, actually. Has a lot of versibility. I've used LXDE before, rather nice. XFCE just... looks ugly to me.

I liked LXDE for my netbook.. but that's about the only environment I'd use it. Everything else is fast enough to run Gnome 2 decently, lol

EDIT: oh, and I used the Mint fluxbox environment on my netbook too.. very simple looking.. I liked how everything was accessed through right click :tongue:

I'm a little confused by what you mean with Unity (Gnome 3). Unity is not based directly on Gnome 3. Both Gnome Shell and Unity are based on GTK3 libraries, but they are still two different desktop environments.

That said, Gnome Shell has won me over (I voted Gnome thinking Gnome referred to 3.0+, as 2.X is pretty much over and done). I've gotten so used to it that using an interface that, well, isn't Gnome Shell drives me insane. It's solid, fast, and intuitive. It's running on my home theatre computer as well. It looks great while being simple and easy to use. Can't go wrong there!

Unity is looking good these days, however, Gnome Shell is just that good that I don't think Unity will ever sway me.

Yeah, it is 10.0.4

I'm rather more towards Gnome 2. But if I want to switch to the wild side, I would try Openbox/Fluxbox.

I've grown more into Debian than Ubuntu right now. Might not have all the gimmiks of Ubuntu, but you can get most of that back.

I'm a diehard Gnome user, yes I know it's bloated but that hasn't really been an issue for most machines for years. Even my Asus Transformer runs Gnome pretty well on a 1GHz ARM dual core (Tegra 2) with 1GB of memory. What can I say, I just like it. But at the end of the day I'm a fan of a number of desktop environments and I'll pick one that's suited; fluxbox is another favourite of mine a well as XFCE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom