VIA Drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameGURU

Fully Optimized
I have a dedicated computer for Linux now :D

The only problem is that the built in LAN for the Abit-KD7A driver's for Linux are not working.

So, I would like to get the latest ones.

I looked on the VIA website and found nothing for Linux, same with Abit's website.

Can someone find them for me? Thanks ahead of time.

KInfo center says that I don't have anything but a lo connection.

lspci says that I don't have a LAN connection either.

hmmm, I looked up your mobo, it should be at least detected

dmesg | more as root, and look thru that and see what the kernel picks up during boot

also:
lsmod as root an what kernel modules have been loaded

does it check hotplugging during boot up?

what your looking for is likely gonna show a via hardware device, possibly listed as unknown, with a memory or hardware address, and if lucky it will also have the chipset number along with it........need to know this

via uses several variations of chipsets, just the mobo model number isnt always enough for me to figure it out.......one of my mobo's is like this

post lspci for me if you can, that would at least help me see what hardware chipset your working with, only takes a little hint and I will be all over it

LAN or NIC hardware support is one of the few areas linux is very very strong with, ive yet to find one that didnt work

Im gonna do another google search and take a look at abits website and see if I can figure this out

ok, take a look at the motherboard itself, should see a medium sized chip with via KT400A on it yes?

then look near one of the corners of the board(more than likely) and see if you can find the NIC chipset, the number on top of that would help alot

via and mobo makers with the KT400A and 8235CE chipsets used 3 different NIC chipsets, have no clue which yours is

looking at the mobo, the KT400A chip at the bottom, rear connections facing away from you, there's one or two little tiny thumb sized chips in the upper left corner, need numbers on those

they could be 3com,via, or rtl or realtek from what im reading

in other words, open your case, if its a standard tower type case and the left side when facing the front comes off to allow access, look in the lower left corner of the mobo.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom