Ubuntu installation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
When in recovery mode you could have just done
Code:
passwd <your username>
and you could have changed it.

That wouldn't work, if that was so, I could boot any computer running Linux and automatically have root access...

What good is it if its single user mode?

I want my blasted root access! And my confounded root account!

>.< Ubuntu....

Right, just reinstalled and the same thing happened. Is there a default p/w or something? I definatley typed the password right (both times) when installing.

When installing, it asks for a name (default: ubuntu) I changed that to b0dge, but i think that might be to idendify the comp on the network. It doesn't ask for a user name or anything. Then it asks for a p/w then asks you to confirm it.

confused....

macdude425 said:
You should be able to sudo adduser, and do that, but Ubuntu is screwy about stuff like that, so I really don't know. Try it; it can't hurt.

I did that. Worked like a charm. Thanks.

Now how do I get Firefox to connect to my router? Do I need to install Nforce2 drivers? (My mobo is nforce2)

And The General: Can you tell me how to install the driver for my 6800 now please?!

Thank you all for your help!

B

When you're booted to gnome, press alt+f2 and type this and hit enter:

gedit /etc/network/interfaces

Copy and paste that here.

To install the nvidia drivers, go to www.nvidia.com, find the drivers and follow the instructions. If they don't work, which they usually do, I'll try to assist you further, but being that I don't know what software comes with Ubuntu, we could be plagued with problems.

Cheers. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom