ubuntu

ohara

Baseband Member
Hey guys me again. Thanks for everyone's help so far, you have been great.
Getting all my ducks in a row to start building my first computer and have decided to go with ubuntu os.

Now I am not putting a disc drive in the computer to start off with so I will need to create a boot able usb or buy a $20 external disc drive and use a cd.

For the usb option I have been trying to find out something that seems like it will become obvious as soon as I ask but here goes.
I boot up using the usb, will I be asked to save onto my ssd? Or will I have to manually transfer the ubuntu file onto the drive After I have set up the computer??
Just read that people create these usb boot drives and only use them but that's not what i want.

Thanks for the help

UNetbootin - Homepage and Downloads

Use UNetBootin to create a bootable USB drive from the Ubuntu ISO.

Once you boot off of the USB drive, you'll have the option to Install or run a Live version off of the flash drive - you'll want to choose the install option.

Ok cool will give it a go. Does using one of these programs simplify the process compared to what is on the ubuntu website on how to do it on macs?

Ok cool will give it a go. Does using one of these programs simplify the process compared to what is on the ubuntu website on how to do it on macs?

Yes; those instructions are using terminal commands, where as UNetbootin uses a GUI.

Ok so compute is built and working.
Well almost working.

I have a wired connection but it comes up as no ethernet connected.
The little green and orange light come on and my modem says it's connected to ethernet but the computer won't connect???

Do I need to install drivers? Can't find any unbuntu drivers for lan anywere

Oh and if I use my phone as a tethered gateway I can access the Internet. Just no using ethernet.
All usb ports fork. Hdmi works. Not sure about anything else

Back
Top Bottom