Truecrypt 5 has a linux GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinson

Daemon Poster
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay.

TrueCrypt - Free Open-Source On-The-Fly Disk Encryption Software for Windows Vista/XP, Mac OS X and Linux

Unless you've been living under a rock for the past few years, you've heard of encryption. True crypt is one of the best encryption softwares and its FREE. It exists for all platforms, Mac, Windows and Linux, and therefore your crypts can be opened on any system.

You can even install the trucrypt app onto a thumdrive so it autoplays and loads your crypt.

Well, now, Linux users don't have to use the command line while windows users get it easy. Now we all have a GUI. :D

Downloading now!

I am going to be encrypting my 5gig flash drive TONIGHT!

I have used truecrypt before but I rarely have the need to create an encrypted "volume" as such, I usually use dscrypt to just encrypt the odd few files.

An encrypted volume is advantageous for an encrypted thumbdrive or encrypting multiple files on the fly. Encryping each one can be annoying, whereas you just save it to the mounted truecrypt volume and its done.

It depends whether you encrypt files occasionally or like to keep many of your files encrypted as common procedure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom