Triple boot with Grub

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadwick300

Solid State Member
I have recently set up my laptop to triple boot Windows 98 SE, Windows XP, and Fedora 2 using the GRUB boot loader. I installed Windows 98 SE first and booted the computer to make sure it was working, and it was. Then I installed and Windows XP and again checked to see if it was working. So far so good. Then I installed Linux. The Fedora installation recognized my Windows XP installation and automatically set it up on the boot loader. It didn't recognize Win98. So I manualy put a Windows 98 entry on the boot loader, but didn't set it up to boot Win98. Once the Linux installtion was complete I did some research on the internet and attempted to edit the grub.conf(or something like that) file. WIN98 is on the second partition, WINXP is on the first, Fedora is on the third, and Fedora's swap is on the fourth. The grub.conf file's entry for WIN98 looks like this:

title = Windows 98 SE
rootnoverify (hd0,1)
makeactive
chainloader +1

But it won't boot Windows 98 for some reason. I hope that I included enough information for someone to help me.

You might have GRUB looking in the wrong place for 98. Are you sure it isn't on a different partition.

After selecting Windows 98 in the grub menu it acts like it wants to boot, but then it just hangs up. At first I suspected that I had Grub looking on the wrong partition for it, so I tried telling it a few different places to look. Unfortunatly, that did nothing to alleviate my problem. So I don't know what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom