SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the original file still good on the original PC? That is the first test. If it doesnt contain any major modifications you can always try to copy and paste the whole thing into a OpenOffice document.

Also if it doesnt contain any personal info you can always send it along to one of us to test out as well.

Also can try to just copy and paste all of the info into a new Word Document and see if that new one will be able to be opened via OpenOffice.

it does not contain any personal info, just a bunch of tests (bold, some diffrent font sizes, underlined, ect), so i will let you see if you can open it, and we will go on from there

here is the the test document

please note that i do not have ms word on the computer i am trying this on.

I just tried to open the document myself and it is corrupted overall. So it might not be a problem with Open Office at all.

ohhh, any suggestions for what the problem might be? could it be because i dont have MS word on this computer that im trying this on?

No cause i tried it in Word and it was corrupted. The document itself was bad. Try a new one.

here is a brand new document

now i was trying to upload the document as a .odt as well but the forums wouldn't recognize it? is that just because it doesnt know what an .odt is?

Attachments

• test.doc
    7.4 KB · Views: 29
For some reason the documents you have created for this test were all corrupted. So you should be alright with your previous documents. Might just want to back them up first. ;)

well im just afraid when i send i document (if i get the laptop with linux), that the teature would just be like "BLAH YOU FAIL" if it gets there corrupted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom