Sound Issues with Ubuntu (ALSA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzy

Baseband Member
Ever since 5.04 release, I haven't been able to get my sound to work. Basically, I can't hear anything; nothing is coming out of my speakers. However sound works perfectly in WinXP.

In users and groups, I am listed under "audio", so looking over everything I SHOULD be getting sound, but I'm not.

lspci | grep -i audio gives me "Intel Corp. 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) High Definition Audio Controller (rev 03)"

ALSA is selected in the Multimedia Systems Selector tool for input and output. No speakers are muted.

Yes, that is in root.

I typed in OSS and esound and got the same error messages.

Does anyone know whats going on? I've made a number of posts on different forums, even the Ubuntu forums, and I've been unable to resolve this problem.

You could try 'esd' or if it says it's already running 'killall esd.' That causes problems for me under certain programs.

Also try going to 'System > Preferences > Multimedia Systems Selector' and messing around in there, try changing the Audio Output. Also, make sure under 'System > Preferences > Sound' the correct default sound card is selected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom