Ok I am fed up with windows I need linux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Granted, the Red Hat installer, Anaconda, is the best I've ever seen, far surpassing all Windows installers. If only the rest of the OS were as nice...the package management system sucks, the default window manager is screwed up, and the whole "open source only" idea is very flawed. Get something, anything else. I suggest starting with Mandriva , then stepping up to something harder like Slackware, or better yet, Debian.

Guru,

Not Baised infomation I HAVE tried 3 Linux SUSE's (9.1, 9.2 and 9.3) all of which hung up looking for componants it has crashed on me 4 times, it is slow and is NOT pure Linux. the Gui resembles windows, if I wish to use A distro that resembles Windows I will use Windows.

Everybody has Preferences I was speaking from my Own experience with this distro, please be aware people have brains, Matt can decide NOT to take my Advice. and thats fine.

People hate Fedora core 4 and RH but they don't get eaten out for doing so.... they just give their opinion and thats all, this is what I am doing Nothing more, nothing less. This is An online forum other people have opinions too. Even if you don't happen to agree with them

Jake

jakec said:
Guru,

Not Baised infomation I HAVE tried 3 Linux SUSE's (9.1, 9.2 and 9.3) all of which hung up looking for componants it has crashed on me 4 times, it is slow and is NOT pure Linux. the Gui resembles windows, if I wish to use A distro that resembles Windows I will use Windows.

Everybody has Preferences I was speaking from my Own experience with this distro, please be aware people have brains, Matt can decide NOT to take my Advice. and thats fine.

People hate Fedora core 4 and RH but they don't get eaten out for doing so.... they just give their opinion and thats all, this is what I am doing Nothing more, nothing less. This is An online forum other people have opinions too. Even if you don't happen to agree with them

Jake

Perhaps you should have stated that, rather than saying avoid SuSE.

straightv6 said:
what are your problems with windows?
you should prepare yourself for some with linux too.
this is my p3 that i am doing it on I am not doing it on my family computer and i will just dual boot windows and linux then when i am ok just linux.

by does any one know if SuSE will have problems with a voodoo 5500?

jakec said:
Guru,

Jake

I will take your info but remember this is not set in stone I will most likely try many distros

matt2m said:
I will take your info but remember this is not set in stone I will most likely try many distros

I use SuSE 9.3, it can give me a head ache sometimes. But it is also a more organized, cleaner and professional feeling.

Ok I will but there are some questions I have.
1 can i use my ipod on linux is there a way to upload files or use itunes?
2 limewire has a linux version right ?
3 is there a alternative to photoshop since i am moving to linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom