NavynOS Been Discontinued?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaXiMuS_N00BuS

Baseband Member
Has NavynOS been discontinued or something? I cant seem to find it anywhere. But when i DO find it its a torrent (navynos-2005.01.iso.bz2-1.torrent) with 1 seeder and RARELY 2 seeders at Avg. 5Kb/s and ETA: 23 hours. Any way to get it faster?

I can not answer if it has been discontinued as i never heard of it till now. But there is no way to make a torrent go faster. Need to have more seeders to make it go faster. Either that or have the current seeders stop limiting their upload of it. But either way it is totally dependent on the seeders.

Navyn OS - Hack Movie

Have you seen that site? It says it is NavynOS??

I can not answer if it has been discontinued as i never heard of it till now. But there is no way to make a torrent go faster. Need to have more seeders to make it go faster. Either that or have the current seeders stop limiting their upload of it. But either way it is totally dependent on the seeders.

Navyn OS - Hack Movie

Have you seen that site? It says it is NavynOS??

Yes as a matter of fact i went from that site straight to this one. They have "three installation methods" (go figure.) One is an "Easy Installation" (using command "sh install.sh") which for some reason i cant get to my root directory to do it. Either that or its just not happening period. Also, 2 other "Advanced Installations," one of which doesn't even have a link posted to it or anything, it just has a description. The other is "a scripted install" have no earthly idea as to how to do that one. So, its pretty much out of the question? What brought me to the eagerness of downloading it is this video: YouTube - Telnet hack :) (Don't ask what led me to that video ha ha.)

The WHOLE layout. The little widget on the side, the background, the transparent terminal (already know how.) It's just some blinding eye candy that i want.

Most of that would be easy to do with Ubuntu and the Emerald Theme Manager. Could jsut look for a theme like that and the Dock and all that stuff for other distros instead of trying to use this one. ;)

Most of that would be easy to do with Ubuntu and the Emerald Theme Manager. Could jsut look for a theme like that and the Dock and all that stuff for other distros instead of trying to use this one. ;)

I wouldn't even know what to search for. I don't even know the names of any of that stuff.

Eyecandy for your GNOME-Desktop - GNOME-Look.org

Taht is the site to start with. I know that a few of the skins i have used have the transparent terminal. Like the Die Hard 4 theme that i used.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f43/your-linux-desktop-166563/

check out that thread for some inspiration as well. Some very good looks there for Linux.
Okay, ravaging through all of them now but in the meantime, do you have any theme suggestions with some cool eyecandy? NOTE: i have Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon) just so you know.

Aero-G Style GNOME-Look.org
GNOME-Look.org

These are 2 that i have used and liked. There are many under the Beryl section that are worth a good look. I am sure you will find something there you will like as well. Just remember to install Emerald thru the Synaptic and then restart for it to take effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom