Linux ubunto, How to install a basic driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

keba

In Runtime
Hey, I just installed linux and I have no clue what so ever how to install my WAN card. I found the specific driver on google.com/linux but I have no clue how to install it... I'm a complete noob... anyone know how to do this?

Its a USB-WANcard...

I think you will have to use ndiswrapper. If what macdude said doesn't wirk, then you will probably need ndiswrapper to connect. The problem with ndiswrapper is that it's confusing for first time Linux users and it doesn't work too great...at least with me.

If you can get a wired network setup, that would be the better way to go, but if not, we will try to get you setup via ndiswrapper.

I do realize that linux it a great OS, but it just don't work for me now. I deleted Linux and installed WinXP Pro instead, but it's only temporary until I got more time to learn linux, or when Windows (as it does every 6 months) gets attacked by spy and mal-ware.
But thx for the help guys, I appreciate it :)

You might want to download a live CD version, so that you can learn before a full isntall without affecting the harddrive at all. All you have to do is put in the CD and boot from it, it does nothing to partitions or Windows or anything on the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom