Is Linux free?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YanBooth

Daemon Poster
I was wondering if Linux is free, because I would like to load it as a second OS, but I don't want to spend any money on it.

Yes its free, www.linuxiso.org will give you the downloadable ISO for most of the distro's out there. The only way you'll pay for it is if you buy it from someone, generally all you pay is for the cd.

yup, its free...I am not sure about the Pro versions...I think some cost money..I had SuSE 7.0 Pro and I didn't find any downloads. It was 6 discs. about 7GB full install.

hehe those that you have to pay for are useless, It's like getting a gift from your grandma and then selling it on ebay just because.

Once you get the hang of it you'll love it. Well, I'm personally into stability and reliability, freebsd gives me that and more. *sighs* Give it a shot at least :)

Yeah, it's a great hobby for the weekends till you get that hang of it, then you'll want to start using it full time as you main OS.

eliminates long-term costs, too. no anti-virus, no adware remover, no repair costs (unless youre extremely stupid and hit your computer with a sledge hammer or something)

Tuxthepenguin said:
eliminates long-term costs, too. no anti-virus, no adware remover, no repair costs (unless youre extremely stupid and hit your computer with a sledge hammer or something)

So, now that I know its free, which version should I get, and where do I get it from?
Thanks

if you're new to linux, get suse. 9.2 should be out next month, can't wait to get it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom