Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hrmph, perhaps you are right. The forums aren't half bad. I see the quick responses, which is very good. However the documentation doesn't even come close to FreeBSD. There must be a reason why Ubuntu must be seemingly the most popular Linux operating system and I see a spark of growth, which I must say is relatively rare.

But what I was saying, that documentation needs to be upgraded. Too much focus on everything else, but documentation is the most important part of anything computer-related. You must encourage people to work very hard on the documentation! I have attempted to encourage people to use Linux and it always is the fact that they can't figure something out that removes that spark.

Seriously, please, just look at the difference between:
FreeBSD Handbook
https://help.ubuntu.com/7.04/

Centralized documentation is the most important thing to your growth, get er done.

i can but i couldnt with an old graphics card but he plays games a lot so he should be okay(im not sure this is the right thread to what im on about lol) well i wouldnt pay retail price for a copy only oem

and the documentation for SuSE and OpenSuSE is extremely good, and with forums as good as the ubuntu forums, who needs documentation for ubuntu? and if it's not in the forums, its definitely on google since ubuntu is so popular.

and like Brinson said, compiz fusion is way better. compiz fusion compared to vista is like mac OSX compared to windows 3.1, well, not that extreme, but you get the point.

Yeah I'm sure some distributions do have very good documentation. That's not my point though, a lot of people just do not like to go to forums to have to wait for an answer. It's the plain old truth.

Let's test that theory, find me a way to set up a dial-in PPP server on Ubuntu Linux. You have 24 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom