How can I open this website?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like that page only supports IE. You could try running IE in Wine or try Opera (I think Opera can report itself as IE, although there's probably a Firefox plugin that makes Firefox report as IE). Other than that, I'd contact the site administrator and tell them that users shouldn't be forced to use a lousy bug filled browser that only runs from a lame junk OS, that they should fix their site to work with quality browsers such as Firefox.

This you will have to look at the Wine Repository since the latest version of IE isnt supported under Wine as far as i remember. Since you cant use Firefox with IE tab....or can you under Wine???

Huh? I dont get it. What i meant to say is that you could isntall firefox thru Wine then use the IE plugin instead of using IE4 which is the version they use for Wine. It would be much safer at least.

Huh? I dont get it. What i meant to say is that you could isntall firefox thru Wine then use the IE plugin instead of using IE4 which is the version they use for Wine. It would be much safer at least.

I tried this but when I open the page I get an error

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

You could also try running Windows inside of VMWare or another virtualization system. That way you will have IE and Windows without repartitioning your drive.

This may be simpler than messing around with wine:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419

It's a plugin for firefox that renders a page with ie's rendering engine. I have even been able to get ms update from firefox with it. It works with linux too.

"For the record, IE Tab can be used on Linux. I have IEs4Linux installed on my computer (which allows you to use Internet Explorer 5 and 6 on Linux) and can set the IE Tab option to open IEs4Linux as an external application. It works great!!! Just a thought for any Linux user here. I downloaded and installed the windows version of IE Tab (by using User Agent Switcher), set the external app path to /usr/bin/ie6/, and there you have it!!!" -WV Jones

Other than that, I'd contact the site administrator and tell them that users shouldn't be forced to use a lousy bug filled browser that only runs from a lame junk OS, that they should fix their site to work with quality browsers such as Firefox.

Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom