FreeNAS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Windows:
win7network.png

Ubuntu:
Screenshot.png

Now that we're off topic :p How can I fix this. I've been through 100 guides, nothing helps.

Edit: I don't care on my netbook, but if I am putting this on my server, there better be a way to access and run the files.

Let's please get "on topic" :lol:

Network: Windows -> Ubuntu = ?????

It's difficult to stay "on topic" when our beloved filter is blocking out necessary words that are required for discussion pieces. :p

Post up your smb.conf in a pastebin or something. How did you set up your shares? Did you set them as viewable or hidden? Did you use the "Samba" (system-config-samba) utility to set up your shares or are you doing it via config file?

Update:

OK, one out, one home run.

On my computer downstairs, a EeeBox EB1006, connected to my 38" TV via HDMI, also has Ubuntu on it, 10.10. I didn't ever put Samba on there, so I did, from the Software Center. Made a share in Samba, my Download folder. I go upstairs to this 7 computer. HOLY MARY! I can see this thing plain and simply in Networks. I go into it and open the folder. Wow... So this is how it is supposed to go.

Tried on my netbook. Copied the same settings, no dice. Unless anyone has a better idea, I think I'll just dump this, and reinstall Ubuntu. I've probably done something wrong with the config files... I don't have anything on there worth saving. I can get Compiz and stuff again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom