FC3 music um...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Sniper*

Fully Optimized
well im using and learning Fc right know and im not switch for a long time. Well i've been on this for a week know and im trying to get some music on here lol. And i know i have sound for sure. But when the Cd player goes onit plays but i hear nothing. So im also trying to have a libaray of music as well, and i dont know what to use for that.

if your sound is running, make sure you have nothing muted...

if you want mp3s you need to install mp3 support for FC

yum install xmms-mp3 should do the trick... hopefully you have the right repositories for yum

if you need to rip your music, grip works for me, i don't know what file formats you care to have your music in..

maybe the audio cable from the cdrom drive isnt literally plugged into the sound card

god - Dude my sound is working perfectly fine i dont have a sound card im using onboard and i hear everything jusy fine. Programs that make noise i hear and everything.

thats nice, but when you're playing a CD, you need an actual cable going from the cdrom drive to the sound card. on your cdrom drive there should be 4 things - ide cable, power cable, jumper, and audio cable. you DO have a sound card, its integrated. i guess i should have been more verbose in my description ... sound "controller"... and no, you dont hear everything just fine, you dont hear CDs. so no, i am not crazy, check the cable inside your computer.

lol i see your probably right as i have to drives and i know the burner has the audio cabe on it and the cdrom has no audio cable ill check later today im to lazy to get on my desktop right know lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom