Taking an online A+ class

chipcreep

Baseband Member
Hey everyone. This is my first post. But I am about to start an online class for the A+ exam. Its split up in two different classes and I am taking the first one. My only question is whether or not it is the 701 or 801 requirements. I assumed the latter so I got a 220-801/220-802 book to study. Would anyone know how I could find out?

I don't know if my question made sense or not. I just want to make sure I'm studying for the right thing. I'm studying for the 801 but the website of the school that offers the course does not clarify whether it is the 701 or 801.

First, you need to take and pass two exams for A+ certification (practical + essentials).

Secondly, According to CompTIA, the 701-702 exams are being offered until August 31, 2013. After that, only 801-802 will be offered.

Hopefully, the class you're taking is helping with you questions for the 800's, if not you should probably look elsewhere.

Upon further research, the school that offers the class I'm taking actually split it up into three classes. Each of which are 6 weeks long and $125 a pop. After the last lesson of the third class, you take the exams. At least I assume you take both of them.

Because I do not feel like taking three individual classes, I'm currently looking at alternate ways of getting A+ certified.

Upon further research, the school that offers the class I'm taking actually split it up into three classes. Each of which are 6 weeks long and $125 a pop. After the last lesson of the third class, you take the exams. At least I assume you take both of them.

Because I do not feel like taking three individual classes, I'm currently looking at alternate ways of getting A+ certified.

Your laziness should not be the effect of you failing.

6 months to properly learn A+ is the best way to go.
This is also a beginner certification and is made for the slower learners.

Once you get into company bootcamps such as microsoft or Cisco. You get three days to do it.

It's not laziness exactly. Its that two different people I work with at the help desk job I just got recommend I look at alternatives. I want to do whatever is best, honestly. Which is why I'm asking around everywhere.

Personally, I've found that it depends on what you already know. If you're used to opening up PCs and working on the internal components then you'll probably be okay with a self-study guide. If you know nothing about hardware then taking those classes might be the way to go.

Personally, I've found that it depends on what you already know. If you're used to opening up PCs and working on the internal components then you'll probably be okay with a self-study guide. If you know nothing about hardware then taking those classes might be the way to go.

I've been messing with some old PCs at home. For example taking out the RAM and Hard Drive, putting them back in, studying the motherboards, etc. I've also been watching Professor Messer videos and reading a Mike Meyers' A+ Certification prep book. Hopefully, I'll be alright for the exams.

I actually emailed the school that offers the classes and asked if I could take the Advanced prep class instead of the Basic and they said yes. We'll see whether or not I shot myself in the foot.

I've been messing with some old PCs at home. For example taking out the RAM and Hard Drive, putting them back in, studying the motherboards, etc. I've also been watching Professor Messer videos and reading a Mike Meyers' A+ Certification prep book. Hopefully, I'll be alright for the exams.

I actually emailed the school that offers the classes and asked if I could take the Advanced prep class instead of the Basic and they said yes. We'll see whether or not I shot myself in the foot.

Sorry for being a bit blunt here, you have "3" classes online to take a comptia a+ certification test.
125 per class or test ?
Is you're school going to give you the official comptia test and pay for it or no ?
If they're not actually giving you an official test, I would more than likely get the materials I needed and study by myself.
801 + 802 your paying near about 240.00 total and thats a good price range for a exam.

Too me it seems abit iffy, if you can and want to, study by yourself for the next 2 months and knock out one test at a time.
6 months to study I dont think so, maybe about 2 months and refresh yourself with it you'll pass easily.

Best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom