Online Basic Computer Hardware Tutorials

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
I need to get some one in my office trained up on how to build and repair PCs. The problem is that much as I would like to show him myself, I normally don't have time. And when ever I do seem to find the time, some thing else always comes up. I found out that this guy used to fix computers, but this was about 25 years ago. His skills are extremely rusty and out of date as he's been doing other trades since then.
(Don't ask me why is he there)

Can any one recommend me some website featuring tutorials and pictures on some of the basic PC maintenance.

Eg. How to install windows Xp/Vista. I am not going to worry about the others at this stage.
Different parts to the computer? Motherboard, Video Card, Sound Card, etc etc
Different parts on a motherboard. CPU socket, PCI, PCI-E, ISA, Sata, IDE, etc etc.
How to build a basic computer. I would prefer some thing basic. Not some thing where I am worrying about after market heatsinks and other case mods.

Purchase him a book or make him purchase a book (if this is a requirement for his job) and have him read it.

Mike Meyers A+ is really good, and within a few weeks he will know his stuff inside and out. He also has video tutorials which are really helpful.

Unless you are going to drop a ton of money on some video tutorials I would suggest just purchasing a 80 dollar book and require him to read it (assuming this is a job requirement).

Tell him about the little known secret website called google.

But only if you feel you can trust him with this information.
:)

Goto Youtube, find good videos on each of the topics you want him to learn, compile the list and give it to him to review and go over, then get him to spend a week or two on the forums. Will definantly learn something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom