Management Information Systems (MIS) or Computer Science?

Sylice613

Solid State Member
Which one of these degrees is most valuabe to employers?

And, do you need to be extremely good at Math to succeed in Computer Science?

Logic is important in Computer science. You dont need to be the best at math no, and it also depends on your choice of study.

Both fields are valuable in some way. If you are interested in the Technology world choose a field that you like the most.

Not strong at math? Go networking or management.

mis - is if you want to start your own business or work with teams to achieve company goals. you should be a "people person" to pursue this degree.

go with cs if you would rather build machines or code yourself or with a team of people. steve wozniak style.

you should be strong in math to pursue a networking degree. if not, you're gonna get several math courses. more so for solving logical equations.

That's why I said logic was important. And as far as the math classes. This depends on the University. I didn't have go very for my CS degree

That's why I said logic was important. And as far as the math classes. This depends on the University. I didn't have go very for my CS degree

I was a C student for all my math courses in college, but A's and B's in every CS (programming) course I took.

Do you font necessarily have to be good at math, you just have to understand logic.

I had to take up to Calc 2 at my university, and our CS program was ABET accredited.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Logic as in finding the best solution to a particular problem. Code syntax doesn't have much to do with it, because you need to understand logic before you can write any code.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom