Jobs in web design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascendancy

Baseband Member
Do jobs in web design pay a lot? I am still in school and am thinking going for this career. I think it would be pretty nice to be able to work from home (if it's allowed), and I love to work with computers. Or, are there any other high paying jobs with computers that you guys know of to help me out?

There does not seem to be much of a demand for pure web designers these days. Most designers these days need some experience with programming languages in order to integrate their work with developers. In the last 5 years, I've only met one person that only did pure design.

In regards to your question of "high-paying", that will depend on your definition of high pay. In a recent article in Money magazine, software developers ranked #1 in an article about best jobs. It was a combination of job growth, personal satisfaction, flexibility and salary.

If design is your passion, I would load up on skills in the area of web-design and focus on tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Flash and HTML. I would also familiarize yourself with some of the more popular web-languages such as Java and C#. Also familiarize yourself with how designers work with developers. There are techniques that prevent the two from conflicting with each others work.

Good Luck!

Vince

Aw thanks a lot man! I was seriously considering software development as a real career, I just didn't know what to focus on. I use Photoshop a lot, so I think I already have a good start. But thanks a lot man, this really helped!

Sorry to double post, But do you know any good sites where a job description is ...described :) for a software developer and stuff. It seems like a really cool job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom