a drope out that needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.

TI901

Beta member
i really need help on this guys..now i dont know what got into me wanting to drope out of school but now i regret it, i just love pc's so much and i wanna b a big time computer tech guy and i was reading about this A+ certified stuff..is that like the basic level you'll need to know or what? and could u guys like..please help me on this WHAERE SHOULD I START TO BECOMING A COMPUTER TECHIE FOR A DROPE OUT LIKE ME?

No offense but grammar and spelling would be a start.

Next I would advise maybe finding some e-books or real books on computer related topics...repair/programming/etc.

Then you'll need some sort of documented education. Certifications, college degrees, etc.

Do you have your GED's? If so you should probably look at going to college for 2-4 years. A+ is a good start and yea it's the basic one.

and another thing..if i learn this without my GED yet..could i still get a good paying job with the knowledge ill have from the A+..or would it just b better to do it the other way?

You're most likely not going to be able to get a very good job without a GED. Highschool diploma/GED's are the basic things employers look for in a worker. So sure, even if you study up a lot and get A+ certified and get other certifications...employers still may not want to hire you because you won't have a diploma/GED or degree from college.

GED first, then worry about other things.

You will not get very far w/o a GED, even with an A+ certification (which really doesn't hold much weight with a GED, much less w/o).

Go get your GED, you will thank yourself later. After passing that worry about an A+ exam.

Okay sorry to say but no matter what you do you will never be a high paid tech person. Honest truth. Cause those jobs are reserved for those who have the college degrees.

Even myself with a high school diploma, 15+ years of PC experience, 3 Years of Microsoft MVP Awards, and several certifications cant get a job for much more than what WalMart pays its Assistant Managers.

So really you want to be a big time PC Tech Person. Get your GED, get into college, get a degree then get certifications. Then you can get some real money.

Okay sorry to say but no matter what you do you will never be a high paid tech person. Honest truth. Cause those jobs are reserved for those who have the college degrees.

Even myself with a high school diploma, 15+ years of PC experience, 3 Years of Microsoft MVP Awards, and several certifications cant get a job for much more than what WalMart pays its Assistant Managers.

So really you want to be a big time PC Tech Person. Get your GED, get into college, get a degree then get certifications. Then you can get some real money.

That is the sad fact of life in today's world. You could have buckets full of experience, know 99% of everything in your field. But without that paper you're useless...and the people that matter (the man who signs your check) thinks you're useless too :(

Get your GED
Go back to college
Get certifications

your best bet to stick your door into the IT field :|

Yes it is a sad fact. It is also sad that i know more than the people who are trusted to fix PC's at places like Bestbuy and the local shops. I have been in store and told the people how to fix the PC with little to no effort and have it back flawlessly. Yet i still cant get a job with them cause i dont have the paper.

Which is why i am now working on M$ Certs to see if maybe those will help. I doubt it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom