Does anyone know what they make?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to work as a technician in a retail chain, I would highly recommend Micro Center. I work there as a second job to supplement my income and it is a good environment to work at. They will pay for your certifications and have bonus and incentive programs which are obtainable. They do want you to push lots of attachments but they make it worthwhile by giving you bonuses or a percentage (if you sell a service plan). Plus, they aren't quite as overpriced as Geek Squad...and they have worthwhile products to push.

P.S. They pay me $12/hr...which will get pushed to $14/hr if I get my A+ and Apple Cert. (Which are paid for by them, upfront.)

I have my BS in MIS and it took me right around 2 years to land an IT job, and i was barely making 13 an hour (poor crappy school district). From most of my reading, A+ certification is the equivalent of having 6 months experience. After 3.5 years of doing that i had enough money to get the heck out of texas and now im making 17 an hour as a temp working for the health department. You might not think that having a degree is worth much anymore, but there are so many people that DO have their degree that its tough to compete if you dont have yours.

If this doesnt make any sense, its because my boss walked in and asked me a question while i was typing and completely lost my train of thought, meh whatever.

I have my BS in MIS and it took me right around 2 years to land an IT job, and i was barely making 13 an hour (poor crappy school district). From most of my reading, A+ certification is the equivalent of having 6 months experience. After 3.5 years of doing that i had enough money to get the heck out of texas and now im making 17 an hour as a temp working for the health department. You might not think that having a degree is worth much anymore, but there are so many people that DO have their degree that its tough to compete if you dont have yours.

If this doesnt make any sense, its because my boss walked in and asked me a question while i was typing and completely lost my train of thought, meh whatever.

You have to also think about the future. The degree is not just important in helping you land a job (often times you can land one without one); it is important for your career advancement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom