Difference between courses, Computer Science/Computer Engineering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't confuse Computer Science with software development, it is not at all. If you want to get more into the software and hardware development side of computers then you need to go down the engineering path.

correct, an engineer could be a website developer or into mainframe science. clearly, the computer science category is just that....it's the understanding of the science or thoery behind computers and technology.

I'm taking up computer engineering course and is really concerned of what could be my future job is... mikesgroovin, are you in the field already? can you give some advice on what to practically concentrate on? im still on my second year, computer engineering course. I would also want to take CISCO courses at school, would that give me advantages over other CoE?

Also, what's your job? Sorry for asking too many question.. Im just a young boy worried about the future.

Wow, thats really interesting. I injoy dealing with "Hardware". Software is cool once you fully understand it. Witch i usually dont, and i can get pretty worket up when dealing with software. But over all, im good at dealing with computers. My present job, has nothing to do with them though.

Although, computers is what im going to get into. Im not sure what degree to run after. Im not really into networking, so learning it would sorta be something i wouldent injoy. Also, i would really appreciate any sort of advice with strifer.

Strifer, young boy? I don't think so..hehehe... Why don't we established a Engineering Consulting Business after sometime? Grab all your contacts and I'll do the same... sounds good isn't it?So there's no more worrying about our job...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom