Criteria For Opening a Cyber Cafe/LAN Center?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Chaos

Banned
Me and a friend are planning to open a Cyber Cafe/LAN Center that deals in internet usage, online/LAN gaming via PC and Consoles, PC Repairs/Upgrades and PC/Parts sales. We want to have a shop opened up where people can come in pay to play for a few hours or bring in a PC for repairs/upgrades or even buy a whole new PC. We also want to be able to have our PC Repair employees be able to go on site to make repairs. We plan to sale food and drinks also, food will mainly be bags of chips and whatever else gamers are into, nothing like hamburgers or anything and beverages will range from bottled water to energy drinks to Green Tea.

Our goal is to bring a fun gaming area into the community that encourages socialization between fellow gamers in the area as well as provide internet usage to those who are without internet and give people friendly, affordable PC repair service, not be someone like Geek Squad who charges half the average Joe's paycheck just to run a simple sweep.

What type of certificate and other criteria will we need to have in order to launch our business? What type of certificates should our Techies have? Anything(s) we should look out for specifically?

I would assume the same stuff that is required to open up any business, with the ability to fix and repair pcs and setup wireless that isnt wide open to everyone in the world.

Getting the business license, tax codes, and start up money would be the hardest part. That and the advertising to get people in the door.

Me and a friend are planning to open a Cyber Cafe/LAN Center that deals in internet usage, online/LAN gaming via PC and Consoles, PC Repairs/Upgrades and PC/Parts sales. We want to have a shop opened up where people can come in pay to play for a few hours or bring in a PC for repairs/upgrades or even buy a whole new PC. We also want to be able to have our PC Repair employees be able to go on site to make repairs. We plan to sale food and drinks also, food will mainly be bags of chips and whatever else gamers are into, nothing like hamburgers or anything and beverages will range from bottled water to energy drinks to Green Tea.

Our goal is to bring a fun gaming area into the community that encourages socialization between fellow gamers in the area as well as provide internet usage to those who are without internet and give people friendly, affordable PC repair service, not be someone like Geek Squad who charges half the average Joe's paycheck just to run a simple sweep.

What type of certificate and other criteria will we need to have in order to launch our business? What type of certificates should our Techies have? Anything(s) we should look out for specifically?

Man, not another one of you guys.

That's my job right there. May I ask you what certifications and what did you take in college.

That's what I planned on doing for a business.

Thanks.

Look out for electrical costs, What state are you in?

Well it's my dream to own a franchise like this, I have no certifications and have never been to college. I want to get my A+ soon though and maybe learn some networking or w/e else I may need.

A+ is roughly the equivalent of 6 months experience with hardware. And personally, i think 6 months experience is better than A+ because the cert is so far behind what computers and OS's are actually being used these days.

A+ is roughly the equivalent of 6 months experience with hardware. And personally, i think 6 months experience is better than A+ because the cert is so far behind what computers and OS's are actually being used these days.

That doesn't matter - in a normal job, 9 times out of 10 the potential employee with a A+ Certification will get the job over a person with "Experience". It's all because a little piece of paper says that you have completed a certification.

Do I agree with this? No. But it's the way of the job world.

Luckily i have 4 years experience to make up for lack of the A+ cert :p And honestly, having a degree in MIS doesnt hurt.

I'll probably study for my A+ and get it as soon as possible, it may not mean much to the tech savvy but it's a great deal of comfort and assurance to the average consumer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom