Chance of getting hired

Status
Not open for further replies.

iambrian

Baseband Member
So, I applied for both Best Buy and Circuit City today. At circuit city, I am trying to be a sales associate, and at best buy, in the geek squad. Im 16 and it highschool. What do you think my chances are for getting hired at either of them?

well since the holiday season is over they well be soon letting go of a lot of there seasonal work maybe keeping a few people here or there since the sales are decreasing. The chance is very low at this point in time.

iambrian said:
So, I applied for both Best Buy and Circuit City today. At circuit city, I am trying to be a sales associate, and at best buy, in the geek squad. Im 16 and it highschool. What do you think my chances are for getting hired at either of them?

You forgot to provide one vital piece of information.

What skills/qualifications do you have?

Also there are other questions that come into play...

Are they looking for employees, specifically in that area?

Do you have any certifications to perform the job (PC repair)?

What does the applicant pool look like? Maybe they have someone else that is more experienced than you.

I dont have any certifications, since im only 16, I have skills in network repair and admin, and a good knowledge of good vs bad products. Hence the Sales associate job. I have no idea if they are looking for people. I did the online application for both

Time will tell. If you don't know that they're hiring, you'll have to sit tight.

Don't give up hope. I got my first PC repair job at Staples without any certifications (like the A+), the manager hired me based on experience (and I think that I was majoring in Comp Eng, that probably impressed him).

So hang tight, just tell him what you know about computers. Plus those network repair/admin jobs that you've had shows you have knowledge about computers, and hopefully they'll add you to their roster regardless of the certs.

Maybe go down and speak to the manager in person and tell him you're interested in the job. It shows initiative, even if they're not hiring. If they're not hiring, he may hold onto your application for when they are.

Good luck, let us know what happens.

being 16 I would say almost impossible, retail stores like that just want 18 and up, at OD they just tossed apps from people under 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom