CCNA VS COMPTIA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MCSE is the highest certification that Microsoft offers.

this is not true anymore. microsoft added master and architect certs

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/view-by-name.aspx

Microsoft Certified Master
The Microsoft Certified Master program enables experienced IT professionals to demonstrate and validate their ability to successfully design and implement solutions that meet the most complex business requirements.

Microsoft Certified Architect
The Microsoft Certified Architect program recognizes and provides advanced certification to practicing architects in an enterprise setting.

If your new to the certification scene starting with comptia certs are best, then moving to more specific ones.

I would suggest

A+>Server+ & Network+>CCNA>Any other certs. (CISSP and Security+ are of particular interest today)

Some of the Microsoft ones are pretty easy, but its up to you to check into them before deciding which to do first.

If you don't have any certs but have been in the biz for awhile you might try your hand at the harder ones first.

Take myself for a reason. I carry no certifications or degree but have been in the industry of IT for 5 years now. I have worked for various companies in Canada. I was recently hired by Exxon Mobil which is the biggest private oil company in the world. Ranked 4th overall on the Forbes 500 list last year.

If you know how to do it and can do it right, you can make it.

If your already at a company see what schooling they will pay for.

Might as well if its not your money.

ExxonMobil does pay for schooling. They give 5,000$ a year (if passed) in refund. but most companies will pay for certifications. If they do, I would get all I can from them then look for better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom