Intel bans Nvidia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that it is a technique, but that doesn't mean that the cpu does not do the work.
If you actually read the link that i posted earlier, you would know what im talking about.

Intel Converts ET: Quake Wars To Ray-tracing - Tom's Hardware

i got that scrap game with my 8800gt, and it is not a demanding game; i was able to max it even with a s939 4400+ and only a gig of ram at 1680 x 1050
notice how they said nothing about a gpu being used, just how many cores the CPU's had and what system....if you can find out a reason why a 16 core system would be getting 14-29 frames while only running at 720p resolution, then i would like to hear it....

Your miss interpreting the data, Larrabee is based of x86 so it is very similar to a cpu. However you cpu doesn't do the rendering. It is still handled by a graphics card, in this case its larrabee. Also you can't compare your system to what they are doing. Ray Tracing is far different from rasterization. There is no way your s939 rig could do their ray traced version of quake wars.

Your miss interpreting the data, Larrabee is based of x86 so it is very similar to a cpu. However you cpu doesn't do the rendering. It is still handled by a graphics card, in this case its larrabee. Also you can't compare your system to what they are doing. Ray Tracing is far different from rasterization. There is no way your s939 rig could do their ray traced version of quake wars.

I know my system wouldnt be able to handle it, i was just pointing out how difficult and demanding it is on the CPU the way that intel is trying to do it.
Seems like the way Intel is doing it seems like their trying to eliminate the GPU all together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom