1TB Disks This Year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
cobalt817 said:
well,imagine smaller high density disks,they don't have to be a TB. they can be cheaper,and will have an impact on the portable PCs more than anything. with 64 bit in the future,programs will become larger and the new disks will be nice. personally,I think they should do away with the hard disk, and go to another technology such as a large capacity flash memory module. something like this would have almost instant access times.

Here we are in 2006 and we still use tapes. For the love of God I don't understand why. They have a somewhat high failure rate and are massively expensive. So if we're strill using tapes to back stuff up, the hard drive will be around just as long.

Snump said:
Here we are in 2006 and we still use tapes. For the love of God I don't understand why. They have a somewhat high failure rate and are massively expensive. So if we're strill using tapes to back stuff up, the hard drive will be around just as long.
Don't forget those wonderfull floppys. Tapes and floppys are old technology that should die. I sent a e-mail to Microsoft telling them that Vista should be a floppyless system, and they replied! They said my request was a reasonable one and would be forwarded to the proper channels! I just hope they actually do something. One thing we got to remember, tapes(not tape drives) and floppys are dirt cheap, and money runs this industry.

i only have 6gb of "movies".
i really do not have the need for them.

but i have much more films and music videos and music itself.

i have 85% of my 160gb HD used.

speaking of 1TB disks, while watching Pimp my Ride on MTV, i noticed that this lucky (insert language here) got a nice laptop, with an external KB/mouse/24" LCD monitor. And it had 4 500GB external hard drives....that really makes me envious...

maroon1 said:
who will need 1TB
Ummmmm...... Nubius.
I see him filling one of those up in no time.

I currently got about 640Gb worth of storage, however I have only used up half of that. Mind you, I just need to find some time to burn alot of that off to DVD.

bannedv2copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom