Best way to contact IT company owners?
So I have recently been appointed as the Commercial Risk Advisor over Technology accounts at my company. A sales position that is geared towards selling technology-specific insurance products for small and medium-sized businesses. Now there are many ways to contact (or attempt to) an IT owner, but what is the most preferred? I figure since you ladies and gents are the source why not just ask you. If you don't mind please take a minute to respond to the questions below. ***Note: This is STRICTLY for informational purposes only***
1) What do you think of Cold Calls... yes or no? I would think techies wouldn't want their phone lines congested with sales calls, however a necessary evil for sales.
2) Do you like mailings? If so, bulky with a lot of info or short to give you a taste and a method to follow up if you’re interested?
3) What is the best time to contact you via phone or walk in? I know for some places it's early in the morning. Others like being called later in the day. What do you think?
4) What would get your attention as an owner in the technology field? What would I need to do to get you to have a meeting with me?
5) What kind of relationships do you prefer with your vendors? In your face, you'll call me when you need something or me checking in with you on regular basis?
Thank you in advance for your help. I would be more than happy answer any questions regarding professional insurance lines such as Errors & Omissions or Cyber Liability free of charge for anyone.