Although I'm not new, I've haven't introduced myself. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > New Member Introductions
Closed Thread
Old 06-17-2005, 10:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Super Techie
Default Although I'm not new, I've haven't introduced myself.

Hello, My name is Jared McAteer, I'm 23 (24 this aug) and I am the Information Systems Coordinator for a Lumbermill in Northern Alberta, Canada (basically its a IT Manager, Network Admin, Programmer and tech support rolled up into one person.)

I graduated from Devry Institute of Technology in 2003 with a Bachelor of Technology in Computer Information Systems. I'm a huge geek, I like sci-fi movies/books and playing games, but I also like sports and other social activities such as going to a pub with some buddies and shooting pool over a few beers.

My alias jinexile is not prounced Gin-exile its j-in-exile or Jared in exile. It comes from when I moved back to my home town of 4300 people (permanent, theres up to 20,000 including transient workers) from Calgary, Alberta (where I went to school.)

I have been involved with computers for as long as I remember but didn't seriously get into them until 1994 when I finally got dial up internet... from that point I knew I wanted a job in computers and I've actually achieved part of my goal.

One of my hobbies (and jobs) is programming, I know many languages/scripts such as C/C++, C#, Visual Basic, VB.NET, SQL, php, asp, perl, java, html, javascript and even COBOL. I got interested in HTML way back in the day and even had one of those crappy pages with a billion stolen animated gifs... these days I do contract work and hosting outside of my job at the lumbermill.

I'm a pretty laid back guy although I tend to come off pretty harsh online since its next to impossible detect my tone and intentions, and I apologize in advance.

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Overclocked to 3300+)
ASUS K8V-Deluxe
1GB PC3200 DDR
2x200GB Seagate SATA RAID 0
BFG 6800GT OC w\\128MB Ram
2x 19\" Samsung 930B LCDs
Old 06-17-2005, 11:21 AM   #2 (permalink)

Welcome to TF....kinda :b

Woo! Go Alberta!!!

Intel E6750...........PSN: ELBATROP
XFX nForce 650i Ultra
Patriot PC2-6400 8GB (4x2GB)
eVGA 9800GT
36GB WD Raptor
120GB SG
Logitech X-530
Samsung SyncMaster 931c
Samsung SyncMaster 750s
Windows 7 Home Premium 64
Old 06-18-2005, 01:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Closed Thread