Win more eBay auctions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Source: Win more eBay auctions

Pretty much everyone uses eBay, but it is often frustrating when you're suddenly outbid on a rare or unique item. There are a number of strategies one can use to maximise the amount of auctions won.
Sniping is a practice that has been used for years and years. Originally this was a manual process, where users made a bid in the closing seconds of an auction. This naturally could prove risky, as internet connections can fail and bids can't go through. Automated services also exist which are often more reliable but can prove insecure and often charge a small fee. A few years back, I used Hammersnipe which offers free sniping and I didn't have a bad experience, although neither I or gHacks are providing a recommendation as I suggest doing a lot of research in any sniping service before you use them. This is seen as controversial, though.
One of my favourite tactics is to bid completely random amounts. Instead of �14.00, I bid �14.01. This is because that way, if someone had bid �14.00, my bid would be counted as the maximum bid instead of theirs, event though it is only a penny higher. As many eBayers use this tactic, it may help to use more random numbers than 0.01, such as 0.44.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom