System Rescue CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

joelm3103

Fully Optimized
Create backups and repair a broken computer with System Rescue CD
System Rescue CD 1.4.0 is a bootable CD designed to repair Windows. It's basically a Linux system on a bootable disc so doesn't require Windows to start but is still able to read files from the Windows hard disk. It's also able to access the Internet in an attempt to find answers to any problems your machine is experiencing.

Can I ask how this is different than any Linux LiveCD out there? I can do what they are boasting with Ubuntu.

Plus can i ask how can you repair a Windows install if all you can do is access the files? What if it is a driver issue? How can you stop Windows from using the old bad driver and install a new one?
Silly if you ask me. This is going to confuse a lot of people when they try to figure out how to repair a Windows install.

Can I ask how this is different than any Linux LiveCD out there? I can do what they are boasting with Ubuntu.

Plus can i ask how can you repair a Windows install if all you can do is access the files? What if it is a driver issue? How can you stop Windows from using the old bad driver and install a new one?
Silly if you ask me. This is going to confuse a lot of people when they try to figure out how to repair a Windows install.
First off, yeah I get the point of it being like a LiveCD. Was thinking the same but seems to have somewhat good rep, so I thought it may of been a difference, like maybe different tools and such.

I'm not exactly sure and yes that's a problem. But maybe for different issues...then again most LiveCDs can solve the same thing...so I guess your point is proven.

Hmm maybe, it's somewhat vague in description :neutral:.

Edit: SystemRescueCd, main website also comes with a lot of tutorials so you don't really have to search much, which may help a bit than just using a LiveCD and have to search what/how to use software on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom