Slipstreaming Windows XP Service Pack 2 On A Bootable CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptiliffe

Baseband Member
Slipstreaming Windows XP Service Pack 2 On A Bootable CD

Just though I would post something I have been working on. It will
be updated in the future with more information.

It is an article I have written about slipstreaming. Slipstreaming is what's known as integrating an operating systems latest service pack into the installation procedure on a new bootable CD. The result is a working bootable CD of the original operating system and the integrated service pack in one. With any fresh installation, the operating system and the latest service pack will both be installed at the same time in one clean installation. You can also integrate other software like Nortons Internet Security for example.

In this manual Windows XP & itÂ’s latest update; Service Pack 2, will be covered. However the same process can be used for Microsoft Windows 2000 & 2003, to successfully create a bootable installation CD with integrated service pack. When following this procedure make sure that the latest service pack is going to be used for the right operating system. Do not try and integrate Windows 2000 with Windows XPÂ’s Service Pack 2. For the latest information on your operating system and corresponding service pack visit Microsoft.

http://www.pcuser.info/articles/slipstream_winxp_and_sp2/
This is the link to the article. I am getting a whole bunch of
information together about Windows updates and security as well.

P.S If possible please forward to as many people as possible & any comments and suggestions posted here or emailed to me would be much appreciated!

Thanks....any chance of my article getting pinned up till its out dated? its a fairly important article... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom