Play your MP3 collection remotely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
If you are using different computers to work with you might have experienced the problem that you canÂ’t listen to your mp3 collection on all of them. I have my mp3 files on my computer at home and not on my notebook for instance unless I would copy all the music to the hard drive of the notebook or find a online solution to store my mp3 files. (like mp3tunes)

AjooBlast is a freeware application for Microsoft Windows that works as a server and player at the same time. You would add your mp3 folders to the server and set a secure password for the server. The player would then be able to connect to the server over the internet or lan providing such a connection would exist. It is important to have the IP address of the server at hand because you will need it if you connect to the server over internet.

You need to be able to install the software on the other computers as well which is rather unfortunate because IÂ’m not able to install software on my work pc. It offers a great feature nevertheless which makes it easy to share the music with your friends. They only need the software, your IP and password and are able to connect to your server and play the music.

I think it is really astonishing what some coders can do with some kilobytes. Great application. The software is missing a web client which would make it even greater

http://www.chime.tv/multimedia.shtml

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom