Monitor your network connections with X-NetStat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
In these times where computer crimes have become one of the most normal things itÂ’s nice that you can protect yourself.
Like Martin, i think that firewalls donÂ’t help that much (i have never encountered one that worked good enough)
And when i found X-NetStat i found a really good solution to this problem.

X-NetStat is a application that lists all the connections that your pc has as well as the program that has the connection.
So you can see allot of instances of your web browser for example when you just visited some sites.
But you can also see other connections that you didnÂ’t start.
This can be an program like your anti virus that is updating, but it can also be the windows remote software connecting to an irc channel for example.
When you see that happening you can make an rule with the right mouse button that will always kill that connection when itÂ’s made.

The only downside to this program is that you have to look at the connections yourself, but it is an help if you have the feeling your pc has been hacked.
Also i have switched to Linux (Kubuntu distro) as my main OS today as i was completely fed up with Windows, so if you have questions etc. about Linux you can ask them.
I know Martin will also switch to Linux in the future, so i wonÂ’t make very detailed reports of my Linux experience but i will answer some questions and maybe try out some software if you want

http://www.freshsoftware.com/xns/pro/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom