Joost 1.0 Beta is out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Joost has released yet another version of their acclaimed Internet TV client that streams prerecorded TV shows to the users computer. The new version has one feature in particular that was well overdue. Joost can now be updated from within the client. Users do not have to download and install new versions from the Joost website anymore.
Several changes have been introduced to the user interface as well which give Joost a cleaner look. One feature should be mentioned as well. It is now possible to create links to Joost shows and share them with other users.
I did encounter a new bug however. Joost is not showing up when I start the application and what is much worth I'm not able to kill the process tvprunner.exe using the task manager. It consumes 99% of cpu resources and the only thing that is killing it is to restart the computer. Not really practicable.
Deleting the Joost directory in Application Data did not help either which means that my computer running Windows XP is not able to start Joost at the moment.
The shows offered at Joost are still considered B-content by many including me. Unless they really add some high quality content they are doomed to fail even with all the news coverage that they get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom