Clipboard Caching Utility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
The Windows clipboard function is not really practicable. It stores only the last text string that you have copied and once you copy another one the previous one is not longer available. It happened more than once that I lost a text phrase that I still needed because I accidentally copied another item to the clipboard.
The Clipboard Caching utility CLCL is a small program for Windows that can store as many items that you copy as you want. The default value is 30 items but that figure can be changed in the options. CLCL stores everything that you throw at it, it does not really matter if you copy text or files, everything is stored in the clipboard.
The default keyboard shortcuts for copying (CTRL + C) and pasting (CTRL + V) remain untouched. The CLCL menu with all the stored items can be accessed by pressing ALT + C instead. (this can be changed in the options)

Plugins can be used to add functionality to CLCL. Some are available on the developers homepage, they convert upper to lower case for instance, quote, put tags around it or add support for additional formats.
Pretty much everything can be configured in the program's options. Hotkeys can be changed and added and formats can be added and filtered.
Clipboard Caching is a excellent software with a low memory consumption.

Clipboard Caching Utility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom