Change your wallpapers automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
I'm always looking for new free softwares out there and although I already found an automatic wallpaper changer called Wallpaper Juggler I decided to give the wallpaper changer ScrollWall a try. It is always good to be able to choose from more than one program that has a similar functionality.
ScrollWall offers a very clean interface with only a few options to choose from. You can choose if you want to stretch, center or tile wallpapers that do not fit your resolution and select the frequency of the change.
The option here is to either change the wallpaper automatically at startup or choose the amount of time passed before the wallpaper is changed. This can be anywhere from 1 second to 59 hours. You can add multiple wallpapers at once if they are in the same directory but it is not possible to add folders that contain wallpapers for instance.
The Wallpaper Juggler on the other hand is able to add folders that contain wallpapers but is more limited when it comes to specifying the time that has to be passed before a change.
wallpaperchanger.jpg

The Wallpaper Juggler needs about 10 Megabytes of RAM while Scrollwall eats away about 15 Megabytes. I'm not sure why the amount of RAM is that high in both programs.
The main difference that I can see is that Scrollwall lets you change the wallpaper at startup (but not after a set time if you choose this option). If you have a computer that does not have that much RAM you should use the Wallpaper Juggler because it uses less of it. ScrollWall is said to work under Windows Vista while I was not able to find information about Wallpaper Juggler and Vista. (did not try both programs on Vista, only XP)
One last note. ScrollWall asks if you want to install the Delio toolbar during installation. This is not needed to run the program so I suggest you better not install it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom