Change your bookmarks toolbar appearance in firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
I have more bookmarks in that toolbar than Firefox was able to display which lead to the unfortunate situation that the last ones were not shown in this toolbar anymore. I was only able to access them using the arrow on the right side of that toolbar that contained all bookmarks who could not be displayed anymore. This was not a great situation and the first thing that came to my mind was to change the text of the bookmarks - identify the site with less text and you have more space for sites.

This worked for some time but not anymore. To much sites, compressed text everywhere and I had the same problem again. I knew that firefox was highly customisable and I began searching for a way to alter the style for the bookmarks toolbar and quickly found it. Now, to change the style which includes reducing or increasing font size, changing the font type, changing colors on that font and much more you need to open userchrome.css which should be in your firefox profile folder.

Paste the following line of code at the end of this file:

.toolbarbutton-text {
font-size: 9px !important;
}

This changes the default font size to 9px which is what IÂ’am currently using. To increase it just increase the value. Some other settings that you could try:

Change the font color of the bookmarks:

font-color: blue !important;

Change the font itself:

font-family: Verdana !important;

Change the background color - this example changes it to blue.

background-color: blue !important;

Creates a border around the bookmarks.

border: 1px solid !important;

http://www.ghacks.net/2006/10/02/change-your-bookmarks-toolbar-appearance-in-firefox/#more-822

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom